Friday, February 17, 2006

Buddy Guy doll


Buddy Guy doll
Originally uploaded by li'l miss muffett.

Wow I can't believe I finally finished him! I have been working on this off and on for several weeks. He is all my own original design. I made the pattern out of newspaper and traced a toy guitar of Conner's to make his Fender Strat. I even handpainted the Fender logo on the headstock! The fretboard, headstock, and pickups are all handpainted. I just didn't have the gumption to embroider all that. Eyes are made from felt and buttons the rest is embridered. His cocky hat is felt.

The clothes I just sort of winged and I really can't believe that they fit! I originally made this for Conner as a toy as he loves blues music and especially Buddy Guy. It really has turned out to me more of a display piece, though. I don't think he (or my hand stitching) could hold up to a 1 year old!

I do really like how Buddy turned out. I guess I am even more proud of the fact that I came up with the design all by myself. This is something I haven't done before (other than tote bags and such). Some additional photos are below and you can always check out Flickr. There are some more views there.


Here is a picture of the real Buddy Guy. Yes I know, there isn't much of a resemblence. he has a black and White polka-dot guitar. Gene thought he had a red and white one too. I only had red and white polka-dot fabric so I used it instead of trying to brave Wal-mart. In looking for a picture with this color guitar I had no luck. Oh well, it's the thought that counts, right?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin