Just a quickie note to let everyone know we are still alive. I have been sewing. Quite a bit actually! I've made Conner about 4 pairs of pants from the 1/2009 Ottobre issue. They turned out so well and fit perfectly.
I've also been working on a bra for me that actually fits. I made up a Sewy Rebecca and L.O.V.E. it. I just need to make some adjustments to the apex. It has a little East/West action going on since I have to use a pattern that is intended for a woman with a larger ribcage. I discovered that I have a "narrow" ribcage, btw. At least part of me is narrow! LOL!! I tried the Queen Elite again and used the 46H and the cups fit pretty well. I had to take out about 2" from the back band pattern which is a total of 4". Whew! I wore it yesterday and was comfortable all day. I didn't have any wires for that size so it was just a soft cup. I really need wires for shape though. This was a sort of "muslin" though and I think I can cut into my better bra fabrics now. I just need to call Needle Nook and order the wires needed for that size. I also need to stabilize the lower cup which I haven't been doing on any of the bras. I've also been reading Beverly Johnson's book and it has a wealth of information! It's expensive but worth every penny, IMHO.
I'll try to get some pictures up. I've been very lazy in that department and I haven't done a review for Patternreview in forever. I started cleaning up my sewing area yesterday and I seriously need to find a way to organize all my patterns. I found two Simplicity 3503's for cryin' out loud. It's a pretty dress but geez...I don't need two! One idea that I have, which will be rather labor intensive, is to scan them all, print the pictures, and put them all in a 3-ring binder in numerical order. Then organize all the patterns themselves in numerical order and maybe by company too. SO, all I'll have to do is flip through a book to see what I want. Eeeek...that sounds like an awful lot of work.... but it would be totally awesome.