Thursday, April 8, 2010

Recipe Thursday: Spring Fling Cake!

This is the best cake. Ever. Seriously. It's light, moist, easy, and oh-so-delish. I just made this for Easter Dinner but made another for dinner tonight since my husband's aunt is going to be in town. When I realized it was Thursday I thought I would post it for my most neglected Recipe Thursday. Sorry about that y'all!

Spring Fling Cake

Cake
1 Box Yellow Cake Mix
4 Eggs
1 11oz. can Mandarin Oranges (don't drain)
1/2 Cup Oil

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Prepare 3 round cake pans by greasing well. Beat all ingredients on Medium-High for 2 minutes. It's kinda cool because the oranges get beat to hell and you hardly even know they are in there after it's baked! Pour batter into pans and bake for 15-20 minutes. Check to make sure they are done with a toothoick. Transfer cakes to a coolong rack and cool completely.

Icing
3oz. Package Vanilla Instant Pudding
20oz. Can Crushed Pinapple (do not drain)
9oz. Container Cool Whip

Mix the Pudding and Pineapple well and then fold in Cool Whip. Place one cake on a plate and spread with about 1/4 of the Icing. Place another cake on top and ice. Repeat with the last cake. Use the remaining Icing to cover the sides. Be sure to keep this refridgerated!

For the cake I made today I used a 9"x13" baking dish instead of my round cake pans. To do this I just buttered and floured my pan and baked it for 30 minutes. I turned it out on to a cooling rack and then once it was cool transferred it to one of those rectangular Tupperware covered cake thingies. I had plenty of Icing to frost the top and sides. I also used a 20oz. can of madarin oranges instead and counted out 8 for the decoration. I poured the rest into the cake batter. Yummy!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Millie said...

Sounds (and looks) cool.. Thanks

Anonymous said...

I have to agree, this is the best cake ever! Even my mother-in-law liked it and she can be hard to please!
Steph

Heather said...

Hi Steph! Can you believe I made it 2 times in one week! Yummy!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin