Friday, September 24, 2010

Another award!

Holy crap! Clio just awarded me with this lovely little award! Wow, two in the space of less than a month. I'm feeling awesome. I just 'found' Clio's blog recently. She makes beautiful things and she is venturing into sewing lingerie. You all know I feel about that! Anyhoo, the rules for this award are:
1. Tell us what you like about your own blog.
2. Then send the award to 10 other blogs that you read.

Hmmm...what do I like about my own blog? Well, I love writing about sewing and it's such a thrill to see that other people enjoy it and hopefully learn from me. I get emails with questions and I'm so happy to help other seamsters out. I've "met" so many wonderful people through my blog, too! In the area I live there is not much sewing activity. Sure, there are the quilters but they are really clique-y and I've yet to find someone who makes their own clothing. If I do find someone and try to engage them in a conversation their eyes glaze over for some reason so I just shut up. I don't get it. Anyhoo, it's wonderful to have this seemingly unlimited supply of sewing friends!

Okie dokie, on to my nominations! I read a LOT of sewing blogs! These 10 are just a very small sampling of blogs that I enjoy reading, get tons of inspiration from, and/or the ladies behind the blogs have become darn good friends (in alphabetical order):
1. Beangirl
2. Big in Japan
3. Cheap and Picky
4. CreaBH
5. Featherty Sews
6. Figgy's
7. Just Keep Sewing
8. Kadiddlehopper
9. One Girl Circus
10. Quality Time

The only thing I hate about these "chain letter" kind if awards is I'm seriously leaving a whole bunch of blogs out! Gulp! I mean really, take a look at my sidebar and how stinkin' many blogs I have listed. Also, I'm sure several of these ladies have been nominated for this award before. If they have then they're off the hook...for now.

Well, that's all I have for you lovelies today. I have been sewing, A LOT, but it's not something I can talk about yet. Are your curiosity juices flowing? Good!

3 comments:

Millie said...

Good for you..well done. You have been very inspiring to me and helpful too..I know what you mean about having an endless supply of sewing friends. I know a few people who sew around here, but not many who sew the kind of things I sew. (or you sew!)

Heather said...

Thanks Millie! See! I should have added you to my list, too. Dang! I love all the things you make and you truly are an inspiration! I hearby nominate you for the award as well!!

Faye Lewis said...

Congrats! I for one know you deserve it. Thanks again for your help.

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin