Sunday, July 4, 2010

Happy 4th To My Fellow Americans!

To celebrate our great nation there must be food! It's gotta be good and there's gotta be lots of it! We're having our annual Independence soiree this evening with all the requirements: good food, good friends, lots of illegal fireworks! (It's illegal to shoot fireworks in our county but we do it anyway. I say screw you, Man! Don't tell 'cause our next door neighbor is a fireman. Thank goodness he leaves every year! LOL!)

Anyhoo, I want to share a yummy, easy dessert. I know it's not Thursday but, heck, who remembers the last time I did a Recipe Thursday post for Heaven's sake?! If you love Cherry Cheesecake but hate the whole bake-it-with-a-water-bath-blah-blah-blah yer gonna love this! I had some fresh blueberries in the fridge so I thought I'd add them for fun! It's not exactly fantastical looking but it tastes damn good!


Easy Peasy Cherry Cheesy Dessert

2- 8oz. Packages Cream Cheese
2- 8oz. Containers Cool Whip
2 Cups Powdered Sugar
2 Cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
1 Stick Butter, Melted
2 Cans Cherry Pie Filling

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix the graham cracker crumbs with the melted butter and press into the bottom ofa 9"x13" baking dish. Toast in the oven for about 8 minutes. Let cool completely.

Mix softened cream cheese with an electric mixer on low and slowly add powdered sugar. Beat until well mixed. Fold in Cool Whip and pour onto crust. Top with cherry pie filling and chill to set.

That's it! Now dig in and enjoy!

1 comment:

Beangirl said...

OMG that looks good. Er... and sort of disgusting. DISGUSTINGLY GOOD. My favorite kind!

(And OMG my word verification was.. wait for it... "spork"!! How awesomely 4th of July is that?)

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin