Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Bra sewing again!

I've finally carved out a little time to make myself some new bras! All of mine are getting worn out and after having several conversations about bra making with Kristin, my juices got flowing to make some. Also, Pattern Review is holding a Lingerie Contest. It ends Feb. 14th and I thought I should get busy! LOL! The bra above is a mock up of one of my custom drafted Danglez patterns. If you look closely you can get a glimpse of the fabric I'm using for the contest piece. It's a really fun animal print with swirls and little silver paillette thingies. This bra has a diagonal seam cup and I just love how it fits! The details are more visible here on my dress form:

I wore it all day yesterday and didn't have to tug or adjust and I just love that! The contest bra is proving to be a little bit more difficult than the trial bra. It just sort of sewed itself. The print fabric is really stretchy and lightweight, almost to the point of being a mesh. Needless to say, it has to be fully lined and that makes things fussy. I'll cut a panty or two to go with it. Hopefully, I can get it all done before the weekend!

4 comments:

K.Line said...

Oh, I love that you are back in the bra making zone! My package from Bra maker's Supply has STILL not arrived - I don't know what's more useless, Canada Post or BMS (whose customer service doesn't blow me away). They wrote down the wrong credit card number so didn't send me my stuff. Could they have called me to let me know?? Can't wait to see what you make. I am so hopeful that I see something before Friday because it's a long weekend here...

Tina said...

Hi Heather, good luck with your contest bra! I am also at the stage of having to make more bras, but not getting round to it. The February weather is beastly here in the southern hemisphere - hovering around 100 degrees F. Not very conducive to sewing... Thanks for showing inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Glad at least one of us has something accomplished! I cut out my patterns yesterday for my entry. Do you think I can sew one whole outfit in a day? Can't wait to see your results!

Sólo coni said...

Hola saludos desde Colombia tengo el busto grande y me parece súper práctico este sujetador me encantaría aprender hacerlo

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin