Friday, January 14, 2011

Somethings Gotta Give...

I'm back hitting the books again after a glorious, month long Winter break! I have three classes this semester and it looks like they're going to be a little tougher. Especially Human Anatomy. I'm already seeing that I'm going to have to let a few things go, or at least "lessen my presence". Unfortunately this blog is probably going to be one of them. If you haven't noticed, I have a little poll in the right hand column to see what kind of tutorials and posts about lingerie sewing you'd like to see. I still plan to honor that, but the posts may come far and few between. Not that I've had any rhyme or reason to my posting to date, but you get my meaning. I figure I'll know more as I get into the semester to see really how difficult my classes will be.

As for the poll, I see most of the votes are going towards bras. My fave! So, what do you want to know? Fitting techniques? How to construct a bra from beginning to end? Fabrics, patterns, and other components? Anything?! I'm excited about putting together posts and tutorials and really want to know what exactly you'd like to see! Let me know what you want to see for the other stuff, too. Kelly asked about a bias-cut slip for the curvier set. CarlaF wants to know about fitting bras. I can do a post on sewing panties. What do YOU want to know?! Post in the comments or email me privately if you'd like. I'm all ears!

10 comments:

CarlaF-in Atlanta said...

Good luck with your studies. I totally understand the need to lessen your load :) I would love to know more about bra fit (how to recongize a fit issue and what to do about them) and fabrics and underwire especially for the more "blessed" bust line!

Beangirl said...

" Fitting techniques? How to construct a bra from beginning to end? Fabrics, patterns, and other components?"

yes. please.

But girl, you are totally not obligated to anyone, right? Right? Don't over do it!

Millie said...

I can understand why you need to take a step back. See how it goes. Do what ever you need to do.

I would love to get some ideas about using lace, on any lingerie. I just do the same thing with it every time. But any tutorial from you would be great!

Heather said...

Thanks so much ladies! I'm writing all of them down. I've already got some ideas swimming in my head. I'm even think of a vlog here and there. We'll see!

angie.a said...

Well, I'm not gonna lie, I'll miss your posts! But I totally understand. When I went back and was in the "thick of it", alot of stuff had to just GO. It's inevitable. Feel free to email and vent/whine anytime though! :)

awesome word ver: betti

Big in Japan said...

Bra, beginning to end, patterns.... basically what Beangirl said.

We'll be here whenever you have time! Focus on those studies!

gMarie said...

Good luck with school - what will you be when you grow up?

Pole - bra making. I took a class with Anne St. Claire and it was really good - but not very pretty. I hate the stitches she has you use and while I bought kits, I haven't done anything, because all I can see is the ugly stitching. Don't know if it's necessary or not.


Pantis would be great. Also pretty nightwear. :) Happy Studies. g

karen said...

Thanks for asking...
I'd like to know how to get firm support. I can make the cups fit but I droop :-(

Heather said...

Karen: Are you using non-stretch fabric in your cups? I've found that that is a must for me.

I'm currently copying a RTW bra so I'll be posting about that adventure soon!

Kay said...

Fitting techniques? How to construct a bra from beginning to end? Fabrics, patterns, and other components?"

I'll add to the chorus, yes please!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin