Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Ahh the innocence of children!

Well, the other day I was waiting for my daughter to get out of school and the intermediate school was let out. They get out earlier than the elementary school. Anyhoo, a little boy came walking in the direction of my car. He was just so sweet, walking along with his arms out like an airplane or bird, without a care in the world. He had a fanciful look on his face and seemed to singing some secret song to himself. That just got me to thinking how great it can be to be a kid. Not caring that a hundred cars are zipping by and having your arms out and flapping them up and down wildly. If I was to do that I would surely be turned over to the nutty farm. Sometimes, I miss being a kid but then I remember how much it sucked, too. I would not want to do it over again! I was always the fat kid and was teased relentlessly. Well, that is certainly a depressing memory. I look at my kids and thank goodness they still have innocence in them. At my daughter's age, I knew too much about too much and I'm glad she still has no clue about a lot of things. It's like when you find out about Santa and the Tooth Fairy, you just can't get that thrill back again. That hot tingle in the pit of your stomach that sends silvery shards all through your nervous system when you see the shiny new toys or a crisp dollar bill under your pillow. Hmmmm. It's the end of innocence. Growing up can really suck, too.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin